Gigi Yeung

profile image

Hello, I’m Gigi Yeung. I’m a junior majoring in Engineering Sciences-Mechanical, and I’m from Macao. Growing up, I loved Lego, building wooden models, and I was also on the robotics team in high school. I enjoy doing CAD and design, which led me want to pursue a degree in engineering. Outside of the classroom, I love photography, traveling, and I’m also a squash player. I’m on the squash team at Yale, and this past year, I had the opportunity to represent Macao in the Hangzhou Asian Games. Squash was a significant part of my life growing up, but I’m also excited to see where engineering takes me.

Design Projects

You can find some of the projects I’ve worked on below.

BIRDICE Tower

I designed the BIRDICE Tower for my next dice rolling game. The bird house themed dice tower is made from laser cut parts and pressed fit together without using any glue or fasteners.

Check out the BIRDICE Tower!
bird tower

Custom USB Flash Drive Case

I designed and manufactured this custom USB case to store my future project files. Made from aluminum and 1/8” acrylic, it is assembled using 4-40 screws.

Check out my custom USB Flash Drive Case!
gigi flash drive

Cast of Bing Dwen Dwen: The 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics Mascot

My urethane and pewter cast model of the 2022 Beijing Winter Olympics Mascot, ‘Bing Dwen Dwen’.

Check out my cast Olympic mascot!
figure

Mechanical Monster Horse

An 8-legged walking mechanical horse. 

Check out the mechanical monster!
horse